Asbestos Operations & Maintenance Program
For all buildings with asbestos, the EPA recommends the development of an asbestos Operations & Maintenance (O&M) program to communicate the locations of asbestos to appropriate parties and train building employees on how to work safely around the materials. EPA requires this in school facilities.
Kyron created asbestos O&M program manuals include:
- An asbestos inspection report.
- Asbestos notification for the building that meets regulatory requirements.
- Emergency response procedures and contacts.
- Building specific asbestos warning signs for posting in maintenance areas.
- Written procedures for working safely on or around asbestos.
Identification of work practices and associated training requirements.