This 4-day (40 hr.) HAZWOPER course combines lectures, class exercises and hands-on training. Designed for workers engaged in hazardous substance removal or other activities which expose or potentially expose them to hazardous substances and health hazards.
At the completion of training, a student will be able to:
- Understand OSHA's role in regulating occupational safety
- Identify potential issues that may exist in workplaces and ways to eliminate potential hazards
- Identify hazardous materials in the workplace and the possible routes of of exposure
- Understand the use of Safety Data sheets (SDS) to identify and properly handle hazardous materials
- Identify materials, compounds and mixtures that may present heath, physical, or environmental hazards
- Understand the importance of personal protective equipment (PPE) in limiting hazardous exposure and PPE limitations
- Implement response procedures in the event of a hazardous exposure
Please see https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/regulations/standardnumber/1910/1910.120 for further details
There are no classes scheduled at this time. Please contact Kyron by phone at (509) 252-8880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a class. Thank you!